I also worked for 18 years at ZONER software. I began as a developer, then led my team, and ultimately spent 4 years as the technical director of the Software Division. I helped give birth to many of its products, including the company’s flagship product – Zoner Photo Studio. After those 18 years I decided it was time for a change, and now I’m a freelancer.
I live in the city of Brno. I’m the father of two smart and beautiful daughters, and I’m a very happy man. I ride to work on my bicycle. Sometimes I’m a compulsive writer, and it shows on my personal blog. Other times, I take pictures. I also team up with my daughters Klárka and Eliška to publish the Hravá snídaně (Playful Breakfast) blog.
Professional Successes and Milestones
- 168 Google Apps trainings given in the last 18 months, with a total of 1559 participants.
- I gave the lecture “Gmail on Your Own Domain” – an event under the patronage of Google Business Group Brno.
- At the “Legal Practice in The Cloud” seminar organized by CEVRO Institute, I lectured on the topic “Toggl – What Do We Actually Do at Work?”
- I gave an interview on the subject Using Google Apps in Accounting for an accounting portal Účetnictví bez starosti.
- I gave an interview for the Objevit.cz, entitled Freelancing is a grind like every other grind.
- I published an article on the website Na volné noze. My article was called How Freelancers Lose Their Illusions.
- I organized Brno’s Google I/O Extended 2014.
- I organized a lecture called “A Happy Landing for an Employee Turned Freelancer” at a training event about successful freelancing.
- In cooperation with netmail I gave Google Apps presentations and trainings abroad (Bulgaria, Slovakia, Austria).
- I became a Google for Work Partner (formerly Google Apps Authorised Reseller).
- The blog of preventive healthcare expert and dietitian Margit Slimáková published an interview with me about Hravá snídaně.
- I launched Jak na IT, a website with smart guides for computers, phones, and the Web.
- This was the year in which I began organizing open courses for Google Apps.
- Over the summer I trained 400 “Google Guides” (users from companies switching to Google Apps who help their fellow employees with migration).
- Czech radio recorded a segment on Hravá snídaně.
- Cooperation with netmail as an external Google Apps trainer. In this year I trained teams in companies such as Česká spořitelna, Kofola and Economia.
- Head organizer at Google I/O Extended 2013 in Brno.
- In the spirit of “there’s more to life than just work,” I joined up with my daughter Klárka to found Hravá snídaně.
- At a Project management conference, I gave a presentation on the topic “Zoner Photo Studio – From Chaos to Order”.
- My article How to Find a Stolen Phone accelerated my career as a freelance IT consultant (I acquired several jobs securing phones against theft and providing security for corporate data stored on mobile devices).
- netmail selected me to be their external Google Apps trainer.
- After 18 years at Zoner Software I decided for a change and began freelancing. I continued cooperation with the firm as an external project manager, running the Zoner Photo Studio project.
2012–1994, employment at Zoner Software
- 2008 – promoted to technical director of the Software division.
- 2002 – became the head of the development team for Zoner Photo Studio.
- 1997 – became head of development for Zoner Draw.
- 1994 – began employment at Zoner Software as a programmer.
What Can I Do for You?
I solve computer problems for individuals and companies. I help companies to introduce Google Apps into their workplaces.