I also worked for 18 years at ZONER software. I began as a developer, then led my team, and ultimately spent 4 years as the technical director of the Software Division. I helped give birth to many of its products, including the company’s flagship product – Zoner Photo Studio. After those 18 years I decided it was time for a change, and now I’m a freelancer.
I love process management
I really hate mistakes. When I do somenthing repeatedly I try to describe and automate it. If someone can accomplish the task better, faster or cheaper, the best solution is to delegate this task. Thus I really love process management and together with Dan Dimitrov and Robert Vlach founded Procesoid – the world’s simplest app for straight process management.
I live in the city of Brno. I’m the father of two smart and beautiful daughters, and I’m a very happy man. I ride to work on my bicycle. Sometimes I’m a compulsive writer, and it shows on my personal blog. Other times, I take pictures. I also team up with my daughters Klárka and Eliška to publish the Hravá snídaně (Playful Breakfast) blog.
Professional Successes and Milestones
- I like things that can bring real changes – that’s why I’ve gotten involved in the Můžeš podníkat (You Can Be an Entrepreneur) project, where I show students that being an entrepreneur is easy.
- I’ve finished the last part of my G Suite video course – it’s called Master Google Disk.
- I’ve finished another part of my G Suite video course – it’s called Master Google Calendar.
- I gave the speech “Two Sides to Everything” at a Business Tuesday event – Velké věci na volné noze (Big Things in Freelancing).
- I gave the speech “Smart Tricks for Google Apps” at a conference Digital Future 2016.
- In cooperation with the Know How Club, I’ve launched the video course Master Gmail.
- Dan, Robert, and I have launched Procesoid – a web process management application for companies, teams, and independent professionals
- I passed my exam to become a Google Apps Certified Deployment Specialist.
- I won 3rd place in the South Moravian region’s 2015 Self-employed Person of the Year contest (you can see my presentation to the jury in this video).
- I earned two Google Apps certifications: Product Essentials Exam for Sales Reps and Google for Work Marketing Specialist.
- The freelancing web portal Na volné noze filmed a video interview with me How’s Business for the IT and Google Apps Expert Paul Minar.
- I gave the lecture “Smart Apps That Will Save and Organize Your Time” for talented students at the conference Soft Skills, No Bullshit.
- I wrote the article The Ten Commandments of Personal IT Security – an overview of computer users “transgressions”.
- I gave a Google Apps training at Raiffeisen Bank Romania (project team, internal trainers, board).
- 168 Google Apps trainings given in the last 18 months, with a total of 1559 participants.
- I gave the lecture “Gmail on Your Own Domain” – an event under the patronage of Google Business Group Brno.
- At the “Legal Practice in The Cloud” seminar organized by CEVRO Institute, I lectured on the topic “Toggl – What Do We Actually Do at Work?”
- I gave an interview on the subject Using Google Apps in Accounting for an accounting portal Účetnictví bez starosti.
- I gave an interview for the Objevit.cz, entitled Freelancing is a grind like every other grind.
- I published an article on the website Na volné noze. My article was called How Freelancers Lose Their Illusions.
- I organized Brno’s Google I/O Extended 2014.
- I organized a lecture called “A Happy Landing for an Employee Turned Freelancer” at a training event about successful freelancing.
- In cooperation with netmail I gave Google Apps presentations and trainings abroad (Bulgaria, Slovakia, Austria).
- I became a Google for Work Partner (formerly Google Apps Authorised Reseller).
- The blog of preventive healthcare expert and dietitian Margit Slimáková published an interview with me about Hravá snídaně.
- I launched Jak na IT, a website with smart guides for computers, phones, and the Web.
- This was the year in which I began organizing open courses for Google Apps.
- Over the summer I trained 400 “Google Guides” (users from companies switching to Google Apps who help their fellow employees with migration).
- Czech radio recorded a segment on Hravá snídaně.
- Cooperation with netmail as an external Google Apps trainer. In this year I trained teams in companies such as Česká spořitelna, Kofola and Economia.
- Head organizer at Google I/O Extended 2013 in Brno.
- In the spirit of “there’s more to life than just work,” I joined up with my daughter Klárka to found Hravá snídaně.
- At a Project management conference, I gave a presentation on the topic “Zoner Photo Studio – From Chaos to Order”.
- My article How to Find a Stolen Phone accelerated my career as a freelance IT consultant (I acquired several jobs securing phones against theft and providing security for corporate data stored on mobile devices).
- netmail selected me to be their external Google Apps trainer.
- After 18 years at Zoner Software I decided for a change and began freelancing. I continued cooperation with the firm as an external project manager, running the Zoner Photo Studio project.
2012–1994, employment at Zoner Software
- 2008 – promoted to technical director of the Software division.
- 2002 – became the head of the development team for Zoner Photo Studio.
- 1997 – became head of development for Zoner Draw.
- 1994 – began employment at Zoner Software as a programmer.
What Can I Do for You?
I solve computer problems for individuals and companies. I help companies to introduce Google Apps into their workplaces.